Rules and Regulations
All rules and regulations are to be obeyed in accordance with Iowa Law and legal action may be taken for violation of set regulations.
Conservation Area- county managed land established for preserving wildlife, hunting is prohibited in these areas.
Wildlife Area- county managed land designated for public hunting and recreational use.
General Rules & Regulations
1. HOURS Parks shall be open from 5:00 AM to 10:30 PM
2. COUNTY AREAS It shall be unlawful for any person to destroy, remove, damage or deface any buildings, park equipment, plant life, trees, signs, structures or natural material found within the boundaries of all conservation areas. All fireworks and explosives are prohibited within all county parks and wildlife areas. All domestic pets must be on leash or confined in all conservation areas and designated campgrounds.
3. MOTOR VEHICLES All vehicles shall be confined to designated roadways and parking areas. No vehicle shall be left unattended on any county conservation area in such a manner as to obstruct traffic except in case of emergency. Speed limit for all motorized vehicles is 15 mph.
4. RECREATION VEHICLES No snowmobiles, ATV, UTV, or any other recreational vehicles permitted within county park limits, with the exception of Montgomery County Conservation Board employee-operated vehicles.
5. DISTURBING THE PEACE No person shall be guilty of an act that constitutes a breach of peace, or interferes with their visitors use or enjoyment of the county conservation areas.
6. TRASH All trash and litter must be placed in disposal cans provided or removed from the area when vacated by the user.
7. FIRES No fires allowed outside of designated fire rings.
8. SWIMMING No swimming allowed in any county pond or lake.
9. BOATS/ WATERCRAFTS All areas are designated with allowed watercraft use. Only electric motors permitted at designated areas. No motorized watercrafts are allowed at the Anderson Conservation Area.
10. CAMPING All campground patrons must follow general rules and regulations. Trash or discarded material is on a carry-in/carry-out basis. All discarded material left will be considered litter and you may be fined accordingly. All sites are first come, first serve and must be paid in full at time of occupation, and must be occupied by vehicle, tent, or camper. Payments are non-refundable, and change cannot be given. Please pay in exact amount. All sites are limited to 2 vehicles per site, all visitors must leave by 10:30 PM.
11. HUNTING/ TRAPPING All land designated for public hunting shall be recognized by a Public Hunting Area sign. All Iowa state hunting/ trapping laws and regulations apply to all public hunting areas within Montgomery County. Firearms are only permitted in designated public hunting areas.
12. FISHING All Iowa state fishing regulations are enforced within all county wildlife/conservation areas. This includes length limits, daily bag limits, method of catch, and possession of proper license(s).
All laws of the State of Iowa not specifically mentioned here shall apply.